LIVE APPEAL FOR PAKISTAN CRISIS-Islam Channel (SKY channel 813) Wednesday May 13th 2009 8pm-1am May 14, 2009Posted by ibnmahadi in Uncategorized.
Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah
LIVE APPEAL FOR PAKISTAN CRISIS-Islam Channel (SKY channel 813) Wednesday May 13th 2009 8pm-1am
UN says 1 million internal refugees on the move.
Tens of thousands of people have been displaced from the districts of Buner and Lower Dir in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) since fighting flared in northern Pakistan last month. The government is preparing for up to 1 million internal refugees, the largest displacement crisis in Pakistan’s history.
According to UNHCR (UN High Commissioner for Refugees), in the Swat Valley some 200,000 people had been displaced since August 2008 and another 300,000 are on the move or about to flee. Added to the 550,000 already internally displaced in the , the crisis threatens to be the largest man-made humanitarian disaster in Pakistan’s post-independence history.
With the conflict zone itself having become a no-go area for relief agencies,is concentrating on providing essential life support to those in the refugee camps. Shelter, food, utensils, clean water and medical supplies are urgently needed.
So far Muslim Aid has provided:
• Tents for internally displaced families that can accommodate a family of 6/7 benefiting up to 3,000 people.
• 1,000 jerry cans for carrying water.
• 800 mattresses and 500 kitchen sets have already been distributed.
• An emergency medical tent where a 1,000 patients will be treated with basic medical supplies.
• 300,000 Aquatabs, providing 300,000 litres of clean water.
Please help us to provide shelter, clean water and non food items to thousands of families who have been left with nothing.
• £100 will buy tents for 12 families.
• £25 will buy pots, pans, cutlery and other Kitchen utensils.
• £10 will buy 10 Jerry cans to carry water.
You can make a difference.
|Visit www.muslimaid.org for more information|
|© Muslim Aid 2007 / PO Box 3, London E1 1WP Tel: +44 (0) 20 7377 4200 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7377 4201 Charity Reg No 295224|